GO THE DISTANCE - KCSR's Virtual Distance Challenge
DATE: July 1st, 2020 - July 31st, 2020
Online registration closes June 30th at 11:59PM.
Get outside this summer and challenge yourself to GO THE DISTANCE! Hosted by Kittitas County Search and Rescue, this Virtual Distance Challenge lets you choose your race! Made for all paces and ages, we hope you’ll take this opportunity to social distance, challenge yourself to get outside and be healthy, all while supporting our 100% volunteer organization. Challenge yourself between July 1st, 2020 – July 31st, 2020 to GO the Distance!
Choose your Challenge:
- Choose from walking, running, hiking or horseback riding
- Challenge Distances:
- Walking (Pace: 25 minute/mile or less) – 30 miles or 60 miles
- Running (Pace: 20 minute/mile or less) – 50 miles or 100 miles
- Cycling (any pace, be safe) – 150 miles or 300 miles
- Hiking (any pace, be safe) – 50 miles or 100 miles
- Horseback Riding (any pace, be safe, stay on the horse) – 40 miles or 80 miles
- Download the Strava app to keep track of mileage and Join Go the Distance Strava Club.
- Weekly mileage submission to Race Directors using Google Form provided (we will compare with Strava app).
Awards (of course there are awards):
- Most miles according to age (youngest and oldest) in each race category.
- Most creative Patriotic costume on July 4th.
- And whatever else we come up with along the way!
Registration Fee Options:
- $30 per person
- Includes Swag (Custom Nalgene Water bottle, custom drawstring bag, safety gear donated by Kittcom 9-1-1), access to private Facebook Group led by Search and Rescue volunteers which includes outdoor safety tips, fun daily contests and daily motivation!
- $20 per person
- No Swag but still awesome access to private Facebook Group led by Search and Rescue volunteers which includes outdoor safety tips, fun daily contests and daily motivation!
** Just a heads up! Swag is expensive to ship so while we would love to be able to keep race registration low cost, earn money as a non-profit AND ship everyone their swag, we will not be able to afford to do so. We will be doing Swag PICK UP dates after everyone completes their challenge! Swag pick up locations will be in Washington State ONLY and will include: Ellensburg, Cle Elum, Issaquah, and Tacoma (northeast). Other locations in Washington will be dependent on registrant numbers and locations! If you are from out of state and know someone who in Washington that would be willing to pick up swag, we love it and would totally be willing to work with you! **
About our event:
During this Covid-19 crisis many things are closed, but getting outdoors is not! Whether you’re a walker, runner, hiker or horseback rider, now is a prime time to set some goals, get outside and Go the Distance! Join our Virtual Race and not only smash those goals, but support Kittitas County Search and Rescue. As a 100% volunteer organization, we are putting our miles in to support you! During our 31 days of going whichever distance you choose, KCSR will be right there to provide you virtual cheerleaders, outdoor safety tips, and tons of fun!
This Virtual Race consists of four categories to include all ages and abilities. Grab a friend and sign up to Walk, Run, Hike or Horseback Ride your way through the entire month of July. The race begins on July 1st, 2020 and ends July 31st, 2020. Each individual with a $30 registration will earn a custom GO THE DISTANCE – KCSR Virtual Race Nalgene Water Bottle, an “I Support KCSR” die cut sticker, and a special surprise to their swag! All proceeds from the Virtual Race will go toward training and equipment for Kittitas County Search and Rescue volunteers!
Upon registration, you will be provided access to a private Facebook Group and directions as to recording mileage using the Strava app. When you cross the finish line on July 31st, 2020 choose a swag pick up date and celebrate smashing your challenge!
KCSR is a 100% all volunteer, non-profit organization, formed in 1991 at the request of the Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office (Ellensburg, WA). KCSR’s mission is to provide personnel for Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office to conduct search, rescue, recovery, and evacuation operations, primarily within Kittitas County. The Kittitas County Sheriff’s Office calls on KCSR for various types of missions, including:
- Lost or missing persons
- Injured hikers or climbers
- Lost or injured snowmobilers
- Avalanche search and recovery
- Airplane crashes
- Evidence searches
- Forest fire road closures