9th Annual - Fueling Education Fun Run & Walk
September 17, 2023 @ 8:30am-12pm
Virtual Option: September 1st – 17th
New for 2023: Due to overwhelming popularity and limitations on parking, we are limiting entrants to this race to 500 maximum and NO race day sign up. The virtual option will remain open through race day.
We'd love to see your race day pictures! Email them to email@example.com or share them on social media with the privacy set to public and use the hashtag #DINOFunRun2023 to join in on the fun!
Welcome to the 9th annual Fueling Education Fun Run and Walk sponsored by HF Sinclair and benefiting Anacortes students through the Anacortes School Foundation.
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
100% percent of your entry fee & donations will go to the Anacortes Schools Foundation. The Foundation is designated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and your donations are deductible to the legal extent of the law.
ASF's mission is to Empower and inspire Anacortes students through scholarships and enriched learning opportunities.
These grants and scholarships allow students the opportunity to achieve unlimited potential.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
With hundreds of race choices – why this one?
- You support Anacortes Schools Foundation and their mission to empower all Anacortes students through scholarships and enriched learning opportunities 100%!
- You can win cool raffle prizes.
- You get a T-Shirt, if desired! You can’t get a better deal on a shirt, anywhere. AND a finisher medal. WOW
- The festivities return! Bouncy House, DJ, Photo Booth, Coffee, Candy, and Ice Cream are all planned at our amazing event!
- You can influence which school wins HF Sinclair’s Health Grant of $5000
- The satisfaction of exercise is the gift that keeps on giving!
Timing / Logistics:
Last Day to Sign Up: Either September 14th @ 5PM PST or When Registration Reaches 500 Entrants, whichever comes first.
Race Day – September 17, 2023
8:30 am - Race Check-In Opens
9:30 am – Kids Race (1/3 mile loop)
10:00 am – Fun Run (2.3 miles loop)
11:00 am – Awards Ceremony
- Both the Kids Race and the Fun Run will take place in beautiful Washington Park
- Address: 6300 Sunset Ave, Anacortes, WA 98221
- The course will be clearly marked with plenty of volunteers to ensure you only run the desired distance
Fun Run (2.3 miles) & Walk Course:
Kids Run Course (1/3 mile):
- The route will be completely blocked for safety
- Your kids will always be within eyesight!
Registration Fee - Fun Run: $10 per person
Registration Fee - Kids Race: $5 per person
Registration Fee - Virtual Run: $10 per person
Remember it all gets donated and you receive a shirt and medal so what a sweet deal!
2023 Change: Note - the age groups for the kids race will change with a maximum age of 10 years old.
Note that the kid’s race is split into 4 age groups
- 4 and Under
- 5-6 years old
- 7-8 years old
- 9-10 years old
- Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place – Male & Female in the Fun Run Race
- An Award will be given to the fastest Teacher in Anacortes School District
- An Award will be given to the fastest HF Sinclair Anacortes Refinery employee
- New 2023: an award will be given to the fastest person who is a Sponsor of the Race
- Trophies will be given to the fastest child in each age category for the kids race
- Everyone will receive a finisher medal
- There will be raffle prizes randomly given out Day of Race
T Shirts Logistics:
- Look at this amazing T-Shirt – it is awesome!
- We will try our best to ensure that all racers get a shirt in the size they specify, however sign ups after Aug 23rd cannot be guaranteed as we have to order them in time for the race!
2023 Virtual Option:
- You are invited to complete 2.3 miles anywhere of your choosing
- As with the in-person race, if you want a T-shirt guaranteed in your size, you must sign up by September 1st.
- You can sign up and complete your miles at any time before September 17th at 11:59PM.
- You don’t need to submit a time or proof, we trust you!
There will be one key difference regarding T-Shirt Logistics Options on Sign Up
Upon registration, you will be given two choices
- No T-Shirt Requested – Great Karma!
- T-Shirt (mail) – Mail my t-shirt to my mailing address. Please note there will be an additional $5 charge at sign up to cover the postage and logistics.
- Click here for men's sizing and click here for women's sizing. Shirts are subject to availability. We encourage folks to sign up early in order to guarantee your shirt/size. Although we order enough for the anticipated race size and shirt size distribution using geeky statistical methods, it is on a first come, first served basis until we run out!
Anacortes School District Grant Competition:
Who is eligible:
- Anacortes School District students, teachers, or administrative staff.
- When registering, please select which school in the Anacortes School District you work at or attend.
- The school with the highest percentage of their student body that participates in this 2023 event (virtual + race day events) earns this grant, from HF Sinclair of $5000 to benefit that school!
- The winning school will be announced by Anacortes Schools Foundation on social media the week after the race. Follow ASF on Facebook and Instagram to be the first to find out who the winner is!
James Steller - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cataldo DiDonna - Cataldo.Didonna@hfsinclair.com
Questions about race sponsorship? Contact Marta McClintock via phone 360-488-2343 or email email@example.com.
Adverse Weather Policy:
For virtual racers, I am just going to leave this here and acknowledge that at least I don’t personally have to worry about making this call on the day of race! If you choose a yucky day to exercise, that is your prerogative.
For the official event day, the Race Director reserves the right to cancel, delay or reschedule the race based on the weather conditions. Although rain and wind may be normal for the Northwest, conditions such as high wind warnings or lightning may necessitate changes for the sake of our runner and volunteer safety. In the event of a change, unfortunately no refunds will be given.