VIRTUAL - Fueling Education Fun Run & Walk
August 24th – September 30th
Early Bird Sign Up: August 17th – 24th
Welcome to the VIRTUAL (but 6th annual) Fueling Education Fun Run and Walk sponsored by Shell Puget Sound Refinery and benefiting Anacortes students through the Anacortes School Foundation.
2020 has been a year we will not soon forget, and our schools need our continued support this year! Keep reading below on how a virtual race works.
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
100% percent of your entry fee & donations will go to the Anacortes Schools Foundation. The Foundation is designated as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and your donations are deductible to the legal extent of the law.
The Foundation provides funds above and beyond our school district’s normal operating budget to fund enrichment programs in Anacortes schools as well as scholarships for Anacortes High School graduates.
These grants and scholarships allow students the opportunity to achieve unlimited potential.
HOW DO I DO A VIRTUAL FUN RUN?
As you have seen, most organized runs have either canceled or transitioned to a virtual format. Although it doesn’t get that same “race day adrenaline” flowing, it absolutely keeps everyone safe & healthy and continues to support great causes.
- Register for the virtual run/walk
- Run or walk at least two miles, anywhere during the month of September
- Take cool photos to be eligible for weekly prizes
- Keep an eye on our social media pages for the winner announcements!
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
With hundreds of virtual race choices – why this one?
- You support Anacortes Schools Foundation and their mission to empower all Anacortes students through scholarships and enriched learning opportunities 100%!
- You can win cool prizes (see prize section below). Each Week has a different photo theme and a new opportunity to win!
- You get a T-Shirt, if desired! You can’t get a better deal on a shirt, anywhere.
- You can influence which school wins Shell’s Health Grant of $5000
- The satisfaction of exercise is the gift that keeps on giving!
- Any 2-mile course will count!
- For Anacortes locals, our typical course – the Washington Park Loop is a great route (see below).
- Go out and run or walk 2 miles in your area if you live out of the area.
- Helpful Hint for Data Nerds: A typical walking pace is 15 minutes per mile, so if you walk for 30 minutes, you qualify!
Early Bird Registration is open August 17th through August 24th. Register early to receive your shirt by September 1st!
Registration opens August 25th and will remain open the entire month of September.
Simply register for the race and complete your desired 2+ mile course!
Registration Fee: $10 per person
ASD Staff & Student Fee: $5 per person
Remember it all gets donated and you can choose to receive a shirt so what a sweet deal!
Virtual – You can run or walk any 2 mile route, anywhere in the world!
- Photo Theme Week Prizes:
- Each week will have different photo themes including:
- Funniest Picture
- Best Costume Picture
- Coolest Selfie with Wildlife Picture
- Safety First! Most reflective/visible outfit Picture
- Each week will have different photo themes including:
- Eligible photos can be posted with #ShellFunRun2020 or emailed to email@example.com.
- Each week’s winner will be selected by ASF board members and announced every Monday on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, so keep an eye out!
- Participation Prizes: Finally, we need to keep you signing up till the end so a Grand prize will be drawn randomly from all registrations and it will be a great prize, so you need to do this! We will also be selecting a 1st & 2nd runner up so you have 3 chances to win some awesome prizes! These winners will be announced in early October, so stay tuned!
T Shirts Logistics:
- Upon registration, you will be given three choices
- No T-Shirt Requested – Great Karma for those who feel sorry for folks trying to manage virtual t-shirt delivery!
- T-Shirt (Local) – I will arrange for pick up with the Anacortes Schools Foundation. (You will be notified by email with more details.)
- T-Shirt (mail) – Mail my t-shirt to my mailing address. It is good karma to donate extra on sign up to cover the postage and logistics.
- Note that for Early Bird registrants from August 17th – 24th, we look to get you your shirts by September 1st so you can wear them for your pictures! You will be contacted with details by email!
- Click here for men's sizing and click here for women's sizing.
Anacortes School District Grant Competition:
Who is eligible:
- Anacortes School District students, teachers, or administrative staff.
- When registering, please select which school in the Anacortes School District you are supporting or attending.
- We recognize some of you may have multiple kids and love multiple schools, but this time, you need to choose a favorite!
- The school with the highest percentage of their student body that participates in this virtual race earns this grant, from Shell Puget Sound Refinery, of $5000 to benefit that school!
- The winning school will be announced by Anacortes Schools Foundation and announced via social media in October.
James Steller - 360-293-1766 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about race sponsorship? Contact Marta McClintock via phone 360-488-2343 or email email@example.com.
Adverse Weather Policy:
I am just going to leave this here and acknowledge that at least I don’t personally have to worry about making this call on the day of race! If you choose a yucky day to exercise, that is your prerogative.
The Race Director reserves the right to cancel, delay or reschedule the race based on the weather conditions. Although rain and wind may be normal for the Northwest, conditions such as high wind warnings or lightning may necessitate changes for the sake of our runner and volunteer safety. In the event of a change, unfortunately no refunds will be given.
Tell Your Friends!
Comments will appear on your friends' news feed.